Glory and honor for Siemens, Autoneum Management, Landgard and Siemens Healthineers – powered by Traxpay
Traxpay presented the Digital Treasury Excellence Awards for the first time at this year’s Finance Symposium in Mannheim. The companies Siemens, Autoneum Management, Landgard and Siemens Healthineers were convincing in the digitalization of treasury processes. First place this year went to Siemens Healthineers.
These finalist have been in place:
TFAI – Trade Finance Artificial Intelligence
Submitted by Siemens AG
- Alexander Brenner, Head of Global Coordination and Development CFF Trade Finance Advisory
- Florian Leifeld, Head of Data Analytics CF F Operations
The goal was to develop and implement an AI-based analysis tool for identifying and mitigating risks from warranty clauses.
Based on a collection of essential warranty clauses from experts, a “sample base” was developed for a machine learning tool that was able to correctly identify about 80% of the clauses.
Submitted by Autoneum Management AG
- Janko Hahn, Head Treasury Operations
The aim was to create additional benefits through digitalization in treasury and to find out whether digitalization approaches and “real time” solutions can increase efficiency and security. In addition, the project aimed to find out whether new digital technologies (e.g. blockchain) can support financing issues or expand the catalog of instruments on the financing side.
“From Seed to Harvest: New directions in digital liquidity assurance
Submitted by Landgard eG
- Michael Maas, Head of Finance and Accounting
- Patrizia Götz, Teamleader Accounts Payable
The goal for the company in the horticultural sector was to find an alternative to classic trade credit insurance in order to increase transparency and resilience in the supply chain.
The provision of guarantees was to be automated and digitialised.
A digital solution was developed together with NORD/LB and Traxpay and enables suppliers to individually insure their delivery period and also to participate in a supplier early payment program (dynamic discounting).
And the winner is:
Siemens Healthineers – The digital hub – a central, bank-independent trade finance platform
- Sven Eckert, Head of Treasury IT
- Lisa Koebrich, Project Lead Treasury IT
- Milan Kaladjdzic, Head of Trade Finance / Sponsor
- Tim Bachinger, Project Lead Trade Finance
- Martin Jungbauer, Project Lead Trade Finance SWIFT for corporates
Due to the company’s IPO and the establishment of an independent Treasury & Finance organization, it was decided to develop a new, stand-alone trade finance settlement platform.
The goal was to develop a centrally controlled, global, bank-independent TF solution that increases productivity through digitalization, enables automated bank communication and optimizes adjacent areas.
The prize money of EUR 5,000 thus went to the Siemens Caring Hand association.
We would like to thank all those who voted at the Finance Symposium and the prominent jury, which was responsible for pre-selecting the nominees.
- Benjamin Altmeyer, Director Treasury Process & Application Management, REWE Group
- Lukas Leuprecht, Group Treasury – Corporate Finance, Hofer Financial Services
- Camillo Pachmann, CEO MLreef GmbH
- Andreas Sowa, Head of Treasury, McKesson Europe AG